Tuesday 13 October 2015

How to get rid of those evil acne scars?

Hello gorgeous,

We all have experienced it and keep on experiencing it. No matter how hard we try to avoid it but it always pop out from nowhere. Acne is something that we all face. And what is more painful than the acne? The acne marks. It goes and it leaves its marks behind. 
I was having that bad phase when my face was breaking out like anything. I treated the break outs but then I had to fight with the marks. Acne marks can make any face look dull and unhealthy. Here are few ways how I fought with them. I had to get rid of them ASAP hence I tried my best to fight. I cannot give credit to one product or remedy because I tried them together as a team. Though it took me almost two weeks but I did conquer. So let’s get started with the warriors.


1.  Lemon juice: 
Lemon juice is known for its bleaching properties and it is a natural skin brightener. I used it in the evening after cleansing my face. I used to squeeze some fresh lemon
in a plastic container or bowl and apply it on my face with a cotton ball. Try not to squeeze the lemon juice in a metallic container as it might react.

Then I used to leave it for 15 minutes and wash it thoroughly. You can apply this in morning as well but make sure that you do not expose your skin straight to sun afterwards. And if you have to, then do apply sunscreen before going out because when human skin is exposed to ultraviolet light after lime juice contact, a reaction known as phytophotodermatitis can occur which can cause darkening of the skin, swelling or blistering. If you have sensitive or dry skin, make sure that you apply the lemon juice for a shorter time and do a patch test beforehand. My skin is not too sensitive and hence it did not bother me. Moreover a slight tingling is expected but it should not hurt. If it does, you can dilute the acidity with some honey and apply it on the marks. Also make sure that you use freshly squeezed lemon juice and not use the bottled one as they contain preservatives. And do avoid applying the juice on fresh or open lesions and near your eyes.
Not to forget, lemon juice is not only useful to treat scars but also to treat acnes. It has L-ascorbic acid which is an anti oxidant that promotes the healing. 


2. Lotus Herbals Papayablem Papaya-N-Saffron Anti-Blemish Crème: 
It is a bit oily but I was using it twice a day when I wanted to rid of my acne marks. I used to use it as a moisturiser under the BB cream in the morning and as a night cream before I go to seep. You can use it once a day but I was just too frustrated and desperate. It contains papaya extract which has papain enzyme that digests dead cells without affecting the living ones. It also has saffron extract which is a natural skin lightener. 


The beneficial properties of saffron come out when it is mixed with liquids like water, milk or oils. And we have it all in this little tub. It contains almond oil, apricot kernel oil and clove oil. Over all, this soldier did help me win the war.


3. Jovees Ayurveda Anti Blemish Pigmentation Face Mask:
It is a clay mask and claims to remove blemishes, pigmentation and acne scars. It is quite obvious that it made to this list because it did what it claims. As I got rid of my marks in almost two weeks I applied this face mask twice. It clearly says that you can use it once a week so I stuck to the instructions. It not only helped me to reduce the acne marks but also very efficient to deal with the pigmentation. 

It contains all herbal and botanical ingredients that help you to remove acne marks naturally. It contains sage extract that is known for its regenerative properties and hence plays an important role in reducing the acne marks. It also has almond oil which is a great source of vitamin E that helps in lightening the scar and improving the skin texture. So here I am thanking this one to help me in diminishing those acne marks.


Crux of the story is that I would not have made through it without these three. I fought my acne marks and now it’s your turn to (of course if you have any). Apart from this, all I want to say is follow the ritual- cleanse, tone and moisturise your skin. Eat healthy and be stress free. Think positive and be happy because you have all the rights to be. Love yourself and love your skin more. Take care!

-Nisha Negi                                                   

Image source: 1 2 3

No comments:

Post a Comment