Wednesday 14 October 2015

Things only an Indian Makeup Lover would relate to

Hello gorgeous,

Every woman is beautiful. When she breathes in her own skin and feels confident she can conquer the world. But I say there is no harm in accentuating that beautiful face with a little bit concealing and bright pouts. Moreover who says no to those voluminous fluttering lashes? I am a makeup lover. No, I am an Indian makeup lover. If you are one you would relate to what is coming up next.

1. Yes, I can get inexpensive good Indian makeup too. But if I own the Smashbox eye palette, only I know that it is totally worth it.




2. I was the happiest person on Earth when I heard that the very first Sephora in India, is going to come to Delhi. Now that thing deserves daily visits.



3. I might not find a Bobbi Brown, Estee Lauder, NYX, LancĂ´me, Urban Decay easily in India but I know the right place to get it. I am familiar with all the Indian sites that somehow deliver these brands to my doorsteps. If they don’t, I am friends with all the international shopping sites to get that one perfect blush on shipped to India. Call me Jugaadu maybe! ;)



4. I know how happy I am when Maybelline launches a new range of lipsticks and I know how painful it is to find out that it has not been launched in India. Please kill me!



5.  Fair is not beautiful. No, I do not put make up to make my skin look fair. I use makeup for MSBB (My Skin But Better) look. This one goes to the only ‘Fair and L*****y’. I have no idea why does it want to paint our country white. Someone please sue them for me.



6. When I go to buy the perfect base makeup I am looking for something that would do its job and not to make me look white and pale. We all face this in India, at least I do. Every time I go to an SA for a foundation swatch, I deal with this. They have been trained to swatch one shade lighter to our skin tone. So that it looks white and we buy it without any second thought. FYI I do not want to dress up like a clown. Let me think. Why not? I might make some money that way :/

7. I am excited to see my relatives and friends from overseas when they visit India. No, I do not love them. I am happy because they are accompanied by all the makeup that I had ordered which I could not find in India or online. Sorry for being blunt.



8. I put my best self up but by the time I reach the venue half of the makeup is washed off with the heat and the hot air in my face in an auto rickshaw. If you live in Delhi or Bangalore you would understand. I live in both and I sweat too much. There is always that one drop of sweat along the eye which is making its way drooling from the top of my forehead and taking a long way on my face to I don’t know where. Whenever I try to swipe that off, I end up smudging my eye liner too.



9. No, I am not going to any shadi. I put my make up on because I can. More importantly, I do it to accentuate my beauty. Not to hide my flaws but to conceal little imperfections. I know what is it and how it’s done. I know how to carry it.



10. Last but not the least. This is a bit off the topic, something to which all the makeup lovers would relate. There is no one pink lip shade, there are many and I want to have all of them in my vanity. Pink, hot pink, baby pink, bubblegum pink, blue toned pink, hot pink with red undertones and many more. Yeah, I am REAL.



Keep it fancy till next time.

Nisha Negi


Image source: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9

No comments:

Post a Comment