Saturday 7 November 2015

10 must watch chick flicks


Yay! Diwali is almost here and I am super excited. I have my leaves planned so I started looking up for some movies that I plan to watch. I wonder why all the romantic movies qualify as chick flicks. I believe that women are a lot more than romance. So, I bring you my top 10 chick flicks of all the time. Enjoy it this holiday season.

1. Legally Blonde

Reese Witherspoon looked adorable playing a blonde girl who decides to enter Harvard law school after her boyfriend dumps her and realizes that she is more than just a blonde.



It is hilarious and teaches a little lesson at end that we all should have faith in ourselves.


And yes who can forget the famous 'Bend and Snap'.


2. Clueless

Clueless is a classic 90's chick flick. It is based on a novel named Emma by Jane Austen. It was so loved that it was adapted into a sitcom as well as a series of books.


3. Mean Girls

I have not met a single girl who has not watched this movie. The screenplay has been written by the famous Tine Frey who is a well know comedian. It is based on a non fiction book and describes female high school cliques and the damaging effects that can have on girls. With a social message, it is a fun watch.


4. Romy And Michele's High School Reunion

It starred my favorite Lisa Kudrow. It revolves around two 28 years old women who happened to not achieve much in their lives and pretend to be somtehing else in order to impress their former classmates at thier reunion.



5. In Her Shoes

This is my favorite of Cameron Diaz. It is dramatic with a  few sprinkles of comic. It tells you the story about the relationship between two sisters and their grandmother. 

If you are more of a reader, you can surely read the novel as well.





6. The Devil Wears Prada

What do I say about this one? It is just sassy.


7. Bride Wars

Anne Hathaway and Kate Hudson did an amazing job when they played Emma and Olivia. The story is about two girlfriends who were BFFs till the day both of them schedule their wedding on the same day. But finally they realize how their match was made in heaven. 



This one depicts the relationship between two friends in a light and beautiful way and I always have tears in my eyes when the movie ends on the following note.



8. The Other Woman

It tells you a story of how three totally different women end up being friends in the oddest situations.


9. What Women Want

It is about a chauvinist who gains the ability to hear what women are really thinking after an accident. It is fun and hilarious.






10. Sex And The City

I have saved the best for the last. This is my all time favorite movie. In short, I am a Carrie fan. It revolves around four friends who live their life as single women in NYC.



So these were my top 10 chick flicks of all the time. You can snuggle up in your bed and enjoy watching these. Do tell me yours in the comments.

Nisha Negi.

Image source: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13

4 comments:

  1. I'm putting all these movies on my wishlist. Lovely compilation 😊😄

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Great! I am glad that you liked it :) Thank you, Mariyam :*

      Delete
  2. Great compilation :)
    www.beautyblogstudio.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you so much. I am glad you liked it :)

      Delete