Saturday 16 January 2016

Sugar Matte As Hell Crayon Lipstick - 04 Holly Golightly Review


"A girl doesn't read this sort of thing without her lipstick" - Holly Golightly. Who can forget the famous quote by the character created by Truman Capote. Especially when the character is played by our favorite Audrey Hepburn in the movie. So, put on your favorite lipstick and enjoy the post.


Sugar is a German cosmetic brand that has recently launched few of its beauty products in India. You can only find these online as of now. Everyone was raving about the matte as hell lip crayons last month so I thought of getting my hands on  the same. There are four shades available and I picked the shade named '04-Holly Golightly'.



Price: 799 INR for 2.8 g.

Shelf life: 3 years.

Ingredients:



Packaging: Each crayon comes in a box which has all the information about the product. The crayon is a black matte pencil with a color coded end. It comes with a black Sugar sharpener.




Texture: It has extremely buttery texture which is easy to apply. It settles into a matte finish within few minutes.

Odor: It doesn't have any.

My experience:

I was really excited to try this range out. I had heard a lot about the shade named 'Scarlett O'Hara'. It is also said to be a dupe to the gorgeous MAC Ruby Woo. I thought of getting this shade as this is more wearable and I own Ruby Woo already. Holly Golightly is a pinkish nude shade. It is very subtle and can be worn to college and office. It is very close to the shade Red Chaos by Lakme which is one of my favorite nudes. I have also included it in my top five wearable nude lipsticks for Indian skin tone.




The formula of these lipsticks is amazing. It is very buttery and glides on easily. It does settle as a matte finish within few minutes. It doesn't settle into fine lines but like with any other matte lipstick, it is important to prep the lips beforehand. Though it is matte it doesn't dry out the lips which is really impressive. It stays on for 3-4 hours and can survive a meal as well. It doesn't have any scent which I really appreciate and prefer. It doesn't transfer as it settles as matte.

It doesn't stain the lips. It is decently pigmented and doesn't need to swipe a lot. The only thing that put me off was that it is in a crayon form and needs to be sharpened. But I really appreciate that each crayon comes with its own sharpener.

I am really tempted to try other shades from this range.

Pros:

1. Pretty shade.
2. The texture is very buttery and easy to work with.
3. It doesn't settle into fine lines or accentuate dry patches.
4. Decently pigmented.
5. It doesn't transfer.
6. It stays for a good period of 4-5 hours.
7. It doesn't stain the lips.
8.It comes with a sharpener.
9. All the ingredients are mentioned.

Cons:

1. Availability. It can only be bought online.
2. It needs to be sharpened.

Have you tried any shade from this range? Do let me know.

Thanks,
Nisha Negi

No comments:

Post a Comment